1. Clean Their Place
2. Cook Them Food
3. Run Errands for Them
4. Offer Them a Lift
5. Help Them Stay Distracted
6. Accompany Them to the Doctor or Psychologist
7. Offer Them a Place to Stay
8. Help Them with Administrative Tasks
9. Make Them a Care Package
10. Offer to Babysit (Or Petsit or Housesit)
Remember, it’s important for you to set realistic boundaries and practice self-care when you’re supporting someone, especially when they’re having a really rough time.
Spending emotional energy on your friends is admirable – but as the saying goes, you can’t pour from an empty cup, and you can’t take care of others unless you take care of yourself.